What is ISO 50001 Energy Management?
ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Systems is a data-driven international standard that specifies the requirements for organisations to establish an energy management system by baselining performance, establishing energy targets, improving efficiency and providing a framework for continual improvement.
Successful implementation of ISO 50001 requires a commitment from all levels of an organisation to create a culture of energy performance and continual improvement.
By improving energy performance organisations can reduce costs, improve competitiveness and achieve overall climate mitigation goals by reducing energy-related greenhouse gas emissions.
Note: Energy Management Systems are also known as EnMS rather than the acronym EMS which is typically used for Environmental Management Systems.
Who should develop an ISO 50001 Energy Management System?
Any organisation wanting to minimise environmental impacts through energy management should consider the development, implementation, and certification of an ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
What does ISO 50001 require?
The key requirements for an ISO 50001 Energy Management System (EnMS) include the establishment of:
- Organisational context
- Needs and expectations of interested parties
- EnMS scope, boundaries and exclusions
- An Energy Policy
- Actions to address risks and opportunities
- Energy targets and performance indicators (EnPIs)
- Baseline performance data
- Data collection plans to determine performance against EnPIs
- Resourcing, competence, and awareness
- Documented information
- Operational planning and control
- Performance evaluation through monitoring, measurement, and evaluation of energy performance
- Internal auditing requirements
- Management review
- Non-conformity, corrective action and action to prevent a recurrence,
- Continual improvement
Our trained and experienced ISO Consultants have a 100% track record achieving certification for our clients and we guarantee your ISO 50001 Energy Management System will be certified by a JAS-ANZ accredited Certification Body.
Contact Us Today
If you’d like more information, or to request a Quick Quote please use the form to the right and one of our ISO Consultants will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us directly on 1800 676 910 or by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have.
More information on ISO 50001 Energy Management